Catboy is the leader of the trio and the oldest too. Incredibly fast, amazingly agile, he can hear the quietest sounds across unbelievable distances, but he’s also afraid of water. Still, when adventure beckons, «The amazing Catboy leaps to the rescue». With these skills, Catboy can outrun anyone and gives Night Ninja a challenge with his amazing leaps and acrobatic moves. His vehicle the Cat-Car gets the heroes from A to B in lightning speed and even shoots moth balls should there be anything in the way!
As Connor, he takes great enjoyment in associating with Greg and Amaya. He can be a bit clumsy at times; this was especially emphasized in «Clumsy Catboy». He’s also nice, smart, happy, caring, friendly, helpful, and funny, and overprotective. In «Catboy’s Great Gig», it is shown that he sometimes has intense stage fright.
As Catboy, he leads the PJ Masks through the steps of defeating villains such as Romeo, Luna Girl & Night Ninja. He prefers to have his own way, but still respects Owlette and Gekko when they ring in with their opinions. On many occasions, like his fellow members, childlike immaturity tends to overtake his mindset on the mission leading to issues (such as getting frustrated in «Catboy and Master Fang’s Sword», letting leadership go to his head in «Catboy Takes Control» and placing Amaya and Greg’s safety over the mission in «Catboy vs. Robo-Cat»), but this is always realized and corrected leading to the mission being done properly, and the villain’s plans foiled. Despite being the leader of the team, each member still has as much priority.
Connor has olive skin, blue eyes, and milk chocolate brown hair that spikes up at the front. His daytime look consists of a dark teal jacket over a white shirt with a pale violet lightning bolt, light blue jeans, and red sneakers with yellow shoelaces.
The outfit of his night-time hero, Catboy, consists of a blue cat jumpsuit and mask with dark blue lighting stripes, designed after a jungle cat.
When he was turned evil in «Gekko and the Opposite Ray», his outfit became black with white lightning stipes and a gray logo, and his eyes became gray.
Powers and abilities
- Super Cat Ears: Can hear any sound from far away.
- Super Cat Jump: Can jump really high and far.
- Super Cat Leap: Can leap at a fast time.
- Super Cat Speed: Can run really fast at lightning speed.
- Super Cat Lightning: Can create lightning while running. He can use it to make anything he touches go faster and even recharge robots.
- Super Cat Stripes: (first seen in «Wacky Floats», and officially introduced in «PJ Power Up») Can shoot glowing energy stripes at opponents to attack and tie them up and can also shoot them at objects to move them around and hold on to them.
The following powers were temporarily gained in «Owlette of a Kind»:
- Cat Eyes: A power identical to Owlette’s «Owl Eyes», caused by Romeo’s Power Copier. This power was self-nicknamed by Catboy upon discovery.
- Owl Wing Wind: Another temporary power of Owlette’s caused by Romeo’s Power Copier.
- Connor is friends with Amaya and Greg, and considers them best friends.
- Connor is the oldest of the group.
- Like most felines, Connor dislikes water.
- In «Owlette’s Terrible Pterodactyl Trouble», Catboy almost lost his friendship with Owlette, but Owlette went back and apologizes to him when she realized that she was wrong about Catboy for being hard and refusing to forgive him.
- Catboy is actually shown to be protective over Owlette and Gekko. As shown in the episode «Catboy vs. Robo-Cat», when he didn’t let Amaya and Greg help him because he thought they might be unable to help without their powers, and also when he promised that he’ll save them from Romeo.
- He has a large interest in Master Fang and sometimes pretends to be him during missions.
- He has a fear of water; it was mentioned in «Catboy’s Cloudy Crisis», «Owlette the Winner», «Pirates Ahoy!», «Motsuki the Best», «Gekko Takes Charge», and «Catboy Power Up».
- He sometimes treats Gekko like a little brother.
- In «Owlette of a Kind», he temporarily gained Owlette’s powers due to Romeo’s Power Copier.
- His suit is currently the only one with ears.
- His signature color is blue.
- He has occasionally used his Super Cat Ears ability in the Owl Glider and Gekko-Mobile, but he has mostly used it in the Cat-Car and outside the vehicle.
- In the episode «Gekko’s Super Gekko Sense», it is revealed that he is talented at drawing. It is mentioned again in the episode «Owlette and the Owletteenies».
- In the episodes «Catboy’s Great Gig», «Beat the Drum, Catboy» and «Super Cat Ears», it is revealed that he is good at playing instruments, like the flute, the drum, and the trumpet.
- In «Who’s Got the Owl Power?», it is shown that he knows about origami and knows how to fold paper into fancy origami paper figures, such as a dragon.
- In «Catboy’s Cuddly» and «Moon Cuddly», he has a cuddly cat named Mr. Meow.
- Catboy used Super Cat Stripes for the first time in «PJ Power Up».
- Catboy is turned into Night Panther, a villain cat with a black body and white stripes in «Gekko and the Opposite Ray».
- Catboy is based on the original book series character, Yoyo
He is also named after his book counterpart in the French version of the television series.
- He is the tallest PJ Mask member.
- He teared up for the first time, in «Heroes of the Sky». While in «Terrible Two-Some» and «Big Sister Motsuki», he cried two times while he was Kitten Boy.
CatboyKitty Litter BoyFurballFancy CatKittyKitty BoyFoolish FelineKitten BoySpeedy Kitty CatTigerWhiskersCatnipKitty CatboyNight Panther (when turned evil by Romeo)The Ship’s CatCatboy the Brave
Fighting crime, his friends, cats, making things right, drawing, origami, Kick McGee, Master Fang, Mr. Meow, Mystery Mountain, dogs, Ruffles (currently), peaches
Water (as Catboy), getting wet (as Connor), being angered, Owlette refusing to forgive him, Owlette being hard on him, making mistakes, being glared at and scolded, Owlette’s impatience, angering his friends, Armadylan’s recklessness, being wrongly accused, Romeo, Gekko’s selfishness, stray dogs (formerly), Ruffles (formerly), being left alone